Cleopatra thought eating pickles was what kept her beautiful. I’m going to eat more pickles.
Last summer I posted a video on ODL Instagram of our pickling experience after buying bags of cucumbers from a local farmer. They stored jars in our cool basement didn’t last long. We were going through two jars at a time.
My obsession with pickles didn’t wain. It’s winter and I’m still eating the briny fruit. Wait! Did I just refer to them as a fruit? Yes! Pickles are technically a fruit of the vine like tomatoes, but are known as a vegetables according to the U.S. Supreme Court. (Why they are responsible for solving this mystery is well, a mystery. I thought they had important court cases to review?)
My Tangy Dill Pickle Cream Cheese Spread recipe can be made in less than 10 minutes and goes equally well on a toasted bagel in the morning or on a water crisp cracker thin when guests come over. You could even spread it on sandwich bread instead of mayonnaise and stack it will sliced corned beef or roasted chicken. The dill-flavored possibilities are endless! Your spread will be ready in 10 minutes. Now, that’s easy!
Pickle lovers unite! This easy to prepare dill flavored spread is ready in 10 minutes.
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 package 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/2 c. finely chopped jarred dill pickles
- 1/2 T. worcestershire
- 1 T. chopped fresh dill
- 1. T. pickle juice (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Allow cream cheese to soften to room temperature and then add to a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- MIx thoroughly.
- Refrigerate in a covered dish at least an hour.
- Garnish with a sprig of dill before serving.
You can add more worcestershire for flavor but it will make your spread a brown color.