I used to work in a high stress job around over 500 people a day so Jimmy Buffet’s lyrics “it’s five o’clock somewhere” didn’t just run through my head on Fridays but all week long. If you’re like me, one sip of this frothy tropical cocktail and you’ll feel like your toes are sinking into the sand.
When we visit Mexico and stay at an all-inclusive resort, we hear dual blenders firing behind the bar to serve poolside tourists all afternoon. It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere Cocktail doesn’t require any complicated prep or a blender. Simply shake it up and strain into a ice filled glass and you’re on your way to an oasis. Just add flip flops and a lounge chair.
Jimmy Buffet claims "it's five o'clock somewhere" and who are we to argue with one of the happiest men on earth? This cocktail leaves you daydreaming of crashing ocean waves on the shore.
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 11.5 oz Kern's Guava Nectar (can)
- 4 oz. Dole tropical fruit juice
- 1 1/2 oz. Burnett's Orange vodka
- ice cubes
- Add ice cubes to a martini shaker.
- Add 1 c. guava nectar with juice and vodka into shaker.
- Secure shaker lid. Shake one minute.
- Strain into a ice filled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with pineapple (optional).
You could substitute pineapple juice for tropical fruit juice. If you don't like vodka, use rum.