Trust me when I tell you that this “get-it-on-the-table-good” pasta is the easiest side dish I’ve ever made next to Ramen noodles in college. Bonus? EVERYONE loves Easy Cheesy Tortellini Bake.
These little pockets of gooey cheese are easy to bake with just a few ingredients in fifteen minutes flat. I make this dish when I need some hubby grub in a hurry. I saw on Trisha Yearwood’s cooking show that her husband, Garth Brooks, adds tortellini to everything from breakfast bowls to salads. He might just be on to something. Smart man.
Serves 6 servings
This tortellini dish is "get-it-on-the-table-good." It's a crowd-pleasing side dish that will leave you wanting more.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 18 oz. frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 c. shredded colby-jack cheese (mozzarella can be used instead)
- 2 T grated parmesan
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook tortellini according to directions and drain water.
- While the tortellini is cooking, warm up the cream cheese and spaghetti sauce in a saucepan on low. Stir until the cream cheese combines with the sauce completely. Your mixture may be slightly lumpy.
- Add cooked tortellini to saucepan mixture, stir. Sprinkle 2 T. graded parmesan on to the mixture, stir.
- Transfer mixture into a 8x8 glass dish. Top with sprinkled colby-jack cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 8-10 minutes. Serve with freshly torn basil on top.
Substitute mozzarella for colby-jack cheese. This is a super easy and quick side dish or lunchtime entree. If you need a protein, add Italian sausage or pepperoni.