I think it’s great that in Greek culture a common saying is “Να ζήσεις,” which means “may you live well.” I completely agree.
How is that Greeks look so at ease and happy all day long? (Oh, and that tan, olive colored skin!) They live to eat and socialize while doing it. They also appreciate quality seasonal ingredients such as fragrant herbs like parsley, oregano, and dill.
Grilled Greek Pizza is a no fuss recipe and it is packed with vegetables and Mediterranean flavor. I cheated and used a bottle Tzatziki sauce, made with creamy greek yogurt, in an effort to save time. Honestly, it was still delicious. We grilled our pizzas in our newly purchased Traeger giving them a slightly smoked flavor.
Turn on the patio cafe lights and create your own ambience while enjoying a slice with a fresh squeeze of lemon (or drizzle olive oil) on each slice. Now, where’s the ouzo? “Stin iyia mas!” (Greek for “to your health.”)
Serves 2 pizzas
Get the patio party started like the Greeks do with this high flavor Grilled Greek Pizza. Don't forget the ouzo!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- Naan flat bread
- 1 c. diced grilled chicken
- 1 diced tomato
- 1/4 thinly sliced red onion
- 4 oz. can black olives
- 1/2 c. Tzatziki (I used Sam's Choice Tzatziki Dressing)
- 1/4 sliced cucumbers
- 1 T. feta cheese (optional)
- pinch pepper
- springs fresh dill
- springs fresh parsley
- 1/2 lemon (optional)
- Brush the Naan flat bread with olive oil.
- Grill flat break for a few minutes until warm.
- Remove Naan flat bread from the grill and drizzle with Tzatziki.
- Layer your flat bread with veggies and diced grilled chicken.
- Top with feta cheese, pinch pepper.
- Drizzle again with a little Tzatziki.
- Garnish with bits of fresh parley, dill, and a squeeze of lemon.
You can purchased already grilled chicken strips, but we just used leftover breast meat from the night before's dinner.