Break out these sweet treats at the pool for your kiddos and watch them do the happy dance. Grown men are also known to act giddy when handed these Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches. This dessert is so good you may not make it to the pool to deliver these sweet treats because you’ll eat them all first. Take it from me, the food blogger who ate three warm cookies before even pulling the ice cream from the freezer, you’ll thank me for this recipe later.
Admittedly the cookie recipe isn’t my own. I couldn’t resist smashing scrumptious ice cream in between two warm cookies and rolling them in candied sprinkles on a hot summer day. The combinations of flavors are endless. Today, I’m sandwiching cookies around Private Selection’s Carmel Hazelnut Fudge Truffle with chocolate sprinkles and another one with Double Vanilla.
Until next time ice cream truck man. I’m happy with this homemade sweet treat and you will be too! These sandwiches are served best after they sit in the freezer for at least a couple of hours to harden.
Recipe by Martha Stewart
16 large cookies
I dare you to find a better soft, chewy chocolate chip recipe, which is why Martha gets the credit for this one. Perfect for ice cream sandwiches!
10 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
17 minTotal Time
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsps pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine butter, vanilla, salt, sugars, eggs and mix about one minute. Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated. Add chocolate chips and mix again.
- Heap large tablespoons of cookie dough on to lightly greased cookie sheets leaving at least an inch between cookies.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Leave a Reply