Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com.
Have you ever felt a bit sad when trashing your dead roses? Feel guilty no more! Dry the rose petals instead and use them to make a skin-softening body scrub. I used Epson salts instead of sugar because I prefer a more coarse scrub to use an exfoliant.
I’m not one to take on craft projects so do-it-yourself tasks need to be five steps or less or I might just pitch the notion. This scrub is so easy to make that I’ll definitely make it again.
Grapefruit Rose Petal Body Scrub is easy peasy and requires only a few ingredients.
One dozen roses, petals removed and dried
1 c. Epson salts
10 drops grapefruit essential oil
Make it today and use it tonight on those summer flip-flop feet or as an all-over body scrub to sluff away dry skin. See the recipe below!
Upcycle rose petals by making a skin softening, sweet smelling body scrub with them.
30 minTotal Time
- One dozen roses, petals removed and dried
- 1 c. Epson salts
- 10 drops grapefruit essential oil
- Remove rose petals from stem.
- Spread out petals on a flat service or wire rack to dry for 5-6 days in a cool, dark space.
- Gather dried petals and pulse in a Cuisinart until they are almost a fine consistency.
- Add in Epson salts and grapefruit essential oil.
- Pulse ingredients together.
- Optional: Add more oil for increased fragrance.
- Transfer mixture to a Ball jar and seal.
Substitute any essential oil of your choice to change the fragrance.