I don’t know about you, but sometimes I get tired of catering to my meat-and-potatoes man and I want to lighten up my entreé. While he wouldn’t be caught dead eating this fruit loaded salad, it’s one of my indulgences. It makes a layered lunch or dinner salad that tastes tangy, sweet, and finishes with a hearty bacon flavor. And well, Spinach Fruit Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing just looks gorgeous. Yay for pretty food!
Note: You could use a store-bought raspberry vinaigrette, but the recipe is simple if you have the time to whisk it up.
To make the salad base, simply layer or group the following ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing recipe below.
- spinach leaves
- sliced strawberries
- sliced kiwi
- sliced Gala apple
- shredded cheddar cheese (feta or goat cheese could be substituted)
- crumbled hickory bacon
- slivered almonds (toasted walnut could be substituted)
- Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
Serves 2 cups
A light and tangy dressing, it adds a fruit forward flavor to any salad.
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 T honey
- 1 T dijon mustard
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black poppy seeds (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well blended.
- Refrigerate in a jar for one hour prior to serving, if time allows.
- Shake jar before serving.
This dressing will last one week in a jar in your refrigerator.
Leave a Reply