Soft carrot cake with cream cheese icing. For over a decade of my childhood, I ordered carrot cake for my birthday cake when dining out OR when my mom asked what kind of celebratory dessert I wanted. Every. Single. Year. Today, I eat fewer heavy desserts like dense cakes or cookies, but I still love sweets and I know you do, too!
My Soft Carrot Cake Energy Balls are delicious and filling enough as a breakfast bite or snack that you won’t be hangry by meal time. The recipe’s mixture consists of nature’s best ingredients including dates, raisins, chia seeds, and say it with me…carrots! Admittedly, I use peanut butter as the binder so if you’re someone with a peanut allergy, this is not your recipe.
Did you know carrots are a power food packed with nutrients and vitamins essential to our body’s good health? We all know that eating carrots improves one’s vision, but they also slow the aging process. Yes, please! (And there are 8 more reasons to eat them!) I know you’re going to love how simple it is to make this recipe and the clean-up couldn’t be easier.
You may also like my recipe for No Bake Energy Bites made with chocolate chips and dried fruit! That recipe also includes chia seeds since they help keep hunger at bay and are super healthy as well.
7-8 energy balls
Love decadent carrot cake? These breakfast bites are the next best thing but healthy!
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 c. rolled oats
- 3/4 c. shredded carrot
- 1 c. smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 c. diced dates
- 1/4 c. raisins
- 1/2 tsp. chia seeds
- heavy pinch sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until completely combined.
- Test the mixture to see if it binds to make a ball. If it isn't quite ready, just add more peanut butter.
- Remove the blade from the food processor.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into tight balls about the size of a quarter.
- Transfer the carrot cake balls to a Ziplock bag or storage container and refrigerate until you'r ready to eat them. They last a couple weeks, if refrigerated.
Some people enjoy this recipe with shredded coconut added.